Thursday 22 May 2014

Print Friday





I love everyday of my creative week sharing the studio and making art.
I often say I would like 'Ground Hog Day',
 so I could teach and share all day and then have the day 
again creating my stuff!
I prep each session, often many months in front so I can grow the
work and session. 
During the last week I have been making my own stamp blocks
from children's building blocks and bits and pieces 
around the studio.
These are now multi surfaced with print possibilities.
I then started printing in a sketchbook and fabric to try 
these out.
I have used knotted string, t-shirt trim, sequin waste, braid, plastic tub
 and ric rac. 
All applied with 'No Nails' as this is a glue which
I have found it sticks anything really well but
also can be washed under the tap to keep the stamp clean.
I love seeing how simple blocks using them in repeat can make
great combination patterns also
in readiness for 'Print City and Guilds'.
I have also started using them on my Banner for outside
the studio, made from nylon stock fabric,
used for kites.
See some of what goes on in 
'Print Friday' HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment