Wednesday 1 April 2020

Working From Home


On Friday 20th March 2020 I had to close The Old Art Room Swaffham and move the studio technically online working from home. This has been a really steep learning curve for all of us as we are all having to adjust our lives in so many different ways.
I feel lucky in a way as I have a space at home to create and share because this is where I started 15 years ago, working from my home studio, making and creating then blogging and sharing in some of the first groups online.
I refelected in the first few days of how I was going t carry on saring and creating for so many who have supported the studio and me over the years, including all the moves we made from studio to studio to where it is now:)))
Things have moved on in so many ways with technology, in some ways it's easier to share but in other ways it's harder because there is so much out there and it takes a bit of figuring out the steps.
So, how am I sharing and trying to continue the studio?
How am I trying to keep the bricks and mortar studio running so there is a place for all to share when this crisis moves on?
Facebook Live at 10am every weekday has been amazing to connect, share and nudge myself and others to create and do all those projects and tasks we have and want to do. These are available to view at any time but interacting is a 10am then I answer questions and share.

These are on Facebook Page  The Old Art Room

Sending out a newsletter in the form of an email. The sign up is in the column opposite if you would like to recieve this:))) Its like a mini magazine

Sharing who has finished projects and what people are doing is so important and is wonderful to recieve the photograph

I have been filming You Tube videos, the first few are on how I begin a sketchbook/scrapbook/journal as mine are all of these. I pace to collect all the ideas, collected emphemera of a particular theme.

Thank you so much for sharing, supporting, subscribing, donating and keep safe and keep going.
Best Wishes
Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment